Saint Spyridon. The Saint helps with money and housing. How to pray?
Saint Spyridon. Saint helps with money
Name: Spyridon Of Trimyphunteia ( Spyridon Trimythous). St Spyridon is revered in the face of a miracle worker.
What do people Pray to St. Spiridon Trimifuntsky:
St. Spyridon Trimifuntsky praying for a job, obtaining housing, the welfare of the family and, in the case of emergency, about money, about the impact of debt.
Many Orthodox people who are experiencing financial or housing difficulties take the blessing of reading the akathist for 40 days. Practice shows that in most cases, the earnestly praying receives what is requested.
How to order the prayer of St. Spyridon Trimifuntsky in a Orthodox temple.
During the reading, the priest reads the names of those who ask the Saint to perform a miracle. To order a prayer, it is necessary on a special form, taken in the Church shop, to write on top of the «Prayer Spiridon Trimifuntskomu», and below list the names of the applicants in the genitive case. Like who? — Vladimir, Alexander, Nadezhda, Tatiana.
The reason for the appeal to the Saint is not necessary.
How to pray to Saint Spyridon Trimifuntsky:
To receive help, it is important to pray with heart and mind, the words of prayer must come from the depths of the soul. Memorized prayer words do not contribute to the concentration of thoughts, so such a prayer can not be heard. Prayers Spiridon Trimifuntsky you will find at the end of the article.
Relics of Spyridon Trimifuntsky:
the relics of Spyridon Location of the relics of Spyridon now: the island of Corfu. The Church of the city of Kerkyra, which still holds the relics of the Saint, was built in 1589. Every day the clergy open the ark with two special keys. If the lock does not work, it is believed that in this moment Saint Spyridon is out of place, helping someone in trouble. The temperature of the relics of the Saint is still around 36.6 degrees. On the day of remembrance after the solemn service to the Saint change shoes, which for the year have time to wear. Old rag shoes are cut into small pieces and given to believers.
At the Shrine of the relics of Spyridon incredible quantity of offerings! They are hanging around and on the walls, and lie directly on the relics! This memorials in gratitude that Spiridon helps.
- in Rome exists right hand of St. Spyridon of Trimythous
- Moscow. there are two revered icons Spyridon with a particle of the relics, which are in the Church of the Resurrection.
- Moscow. in the Danilov monastery in the Church of the intercession is the Shoe with the feet of the relics of Spyridon
- Uglich. In the temple of the Smolensk icon of the Mother of God is another Shoe (Shoe Spiridon trimifunt).
- In Nilova desert (Nilo-Stolobenskaya desert island Svetlitsa oz. Seliger) near Ostashkov there is a cross with particles of relics of Spyridon
- In the Church, Okovetskiy source has kovcic with the relics of Spyridon
A brief biography of Spyridon:
Date of birth: 270 g. date of death: 348 g.
Age: 78 years
Place of birth: Askia, Cyprus
Orthodoxy the day of remembrance falls on: December 25, new style.
Event in life:
He was born in a family of cattle breeders, herding sheep and goats. Therefore, the icons of Saint Spyridon is depicted in the cap of the shepherd.
Young Spiridon was gentle and kindly. He was kind to others and never refused to travelers in the night and food.
Married. Daughter Irina was born. Spiridon himself christened it. But shortly after birth, the wife of Spiridon died.
The rumor of prayer support and miracles performed at the request of Spiridon reached the Palace of Emperor Constantine. Many residents of the island of Cyprus and other cities of the Byzantine Empire worshipped Spiridon as a wise visionary old man. The bishops decided to ordain a simple shepherd in the Bishop city Trimifunt.
Miracles through the prayers of Spyridon
In the year 325 Saint Spyridon. At the first Council of Nicaea, in the presence of Nicholas of Myra, he crushed the arguments of the Greek philosopher who defended the heresy of Arianism. When the speech came the turn of the Spyridon is defending the postulate of the unified Trinity, the Saint took a brick (according to some – tiles) and squeezed it in the palm of your hand.
Saint Spyridon created with his right hand the sign of the cross and said, holding a piece of tile in his left hand: «in the name of the Father!»At this moment, to the amazement of all those present, from a piece of clay burst the flames that burned him. The Saint continued: «And the Son!», and in the eyes of the participants of the Cathedral of a piece of clay and glass of water, with which it was mixed. «And The Holy Spirit!»and, showing his palms, Holy showed remaining dry land, out of which was fashioned tile. Spyridon has said the words: «Behold the three elements, and the plinths (bricks, tiles) alone. So in the Holy Trinity — Three Persons, and the Deity is One.»
1) Through the prayers of Spyridon stopped the prolonged drought in Cyprus, which led to widespread crop failures, livestock deaths and diseases. The rains soon saved the island’s population from hunger and disasters.
2) Spiridon was given by God the power to heal from deadly diseases or to resurrect dead people:
— The Saint managed to help the Emperor Constance, who was already on the threshold of death.:
— According to the prayers of the old man, one day a dead newborn child of a woman who asked for help from a Christian priest was resurrected. After the accomplishment of the miracle, the mother dropped dead. The Bishop’s prayer brought her back to life.
3) One day during the service in the lamp burned down the oil, and it began to fade away. The Saint was grieved, but the Lord comforted him: the lamp was wonderfully filled with oil.
4) One day was envious slandered one righteous person. The unfortunate was thrown into prison, where he remained in anticipation of his own death. Hastened to the aid of Saint Spyridon, who knew the innocence of the slandered person. The way to the priest and his companions was blocked by a rapid river flow. After the elder’s prayer, the water parted, and Spiridon managed to get to the prison in time. The judge learned of the providential miracle, was released convict.
5) Spiridon Trimifuntsky regularly helped the poor and needy, providing the necessary food. For this purpose, the Saint had a special barn, from where people could take everything they needed. When things went in the palm of your hand, you could give back. The Saint’s barn was never empty. Saint helps with money
6) Turned the snake into gold and back. One day a poor man turned to the Bishop, who had to pay a large debt to the rich man. Spiridon went to the room and prayed, then came out with a large ingot of gold. At the same time put before the poor the only condition – to return the gold back after things go smoothly. Soon the poor man became rich and came back Spiridon Trimifuntsky jewel. Taking the ingot, the Saint put it on the ground, and immediately the precious metal turned into a snake, which quickly crept away into the forest. Saint helps with money
7) St Spyridon and thieves sheep. Showed mercy Saint Spyridon and people with impure intentions. One day, two thieves climbed into the old man’s sheep-fold, who set out to steal some sheep. Unknown force tied the robbers, and they remained at the scene of the crime until the arrival of the Saint. In the morning, seeing the weary robbers, Spiridon took pity on them and untied them. After exhortations to stand up to an honest way of earning the Bishop released the thieves, giving them two sheep. Giving them a sheep and letting them go, he said affectionately: «Let not in vain you were awake.»
8) Deception merchant and 100 goats. One day one merchant turned to the Saint to purchase a hundred goats. Spiridon never checked the amount given to him, so the merchant planned to hide part of the fee equal to the cost of one goat. When a herd of animals went beyond the fence, one goat did not want to leave the paddock and constantly returned to its original place. The convicted merchant confessed to the Saint his dishonesty and paid extra for the animal.
9) Singing angels in an empty temple. A case is known when Saint Spyridon went into an empty Church, ordered to light lamps and candles and began the service. Proclaiming «Peace to all», he and the deacon heard in response from above heard a great many voices, proclaiming:»and your spirits.» This choir was large and more sweetly melodious than any human choir. On each litany an invisible choir sang «Lord have mercy». Attracted by the singing coming from the Church, the people nearby rushed to her. As they approached the Church, the wonderful singing filled their ears more and more and delighted their hearts. But when they entered the Church, they saw no one but the Bishop with a few Church Ministers, and they had not heard more heavenly singing, and they were astonished.
10) St Spyridon and the idols of Alexandria. When in Alexandria the Patriarch was convened by the Council for the destruction of idols and temples, through the prayers of the fathers of the Council all the idols fell except one, the most revered. The Patriarch in a vision it was revealed that this idol remained to be crushed by Saint Spyridon Trimifuntsky. Called by the Cathedral, the Saint boarded the ship, and at the moment when the ship came to the shore and the Saint set foot on the ground, the idol in Alexandria with all the altars fell into the dust, than it announced to the Patriarch and all the bishops the approach of Saint Spyridon.
Modern miracles of St. Spyridon
One of the witnesses of his posthumous miracles was the writer Nikolai Gogol. A certain English Protestant assured the pilgrims who were nearby that on his back special cuts are made, and the body is embalmed. And then the relics of the Saint rose from the cancer and turned their backs to the Englishman, who was distraught with horror and fear, and then fell into their usual place.
2) Bombing Of Corfu
During World war II. The bombing of the island of Corfu began on 1 November 1940 and lasted for months. Corfu did not have air defense equipment, so enemy bombers could fly at a particularly low altitude. But during the bombing, strange things happened: both pilots and those who were on the ground noticed that many bombs inexplicably fall not directly down, but at an angle, and fall into the sea.
All the buildings around the Church with the relics of Spiridon of trimiphunt were badly damaged or destroyed, and she survived until the end of the war without a single damage, not even a single window glass is not cracked.
3) Healing beside the icon of Spiridon
The girl, who was suffering from a nervous crisis, who later turned into psychopathy, in a moment of enlightenment asked to take her to the Church of St. Spyridon. Entering the Church, she venerated the icon and the relics of the Saint and felt that the weight of her head was gone. She stayed in the temple the next day and returned home perfectly healthy.
4) The lamp itself was filled with oil
In 2000 I went to the Holy places of Greece. On Kerkyra in the Church of St. Spyridon we asked the blessing of the priest to collect oil from the lamp at raki with the relics of the Saint. We collected the oil with a syringe and poured it into pre-stocked bottles. The group was large, all were cramped, trying to quickly dial, someone inadvertently touched the lamp, and the remains of the oil spilled. Everyone was very upset because of our awkwardness, but especially lamented one woman – she was the last in line and she did not get a drop. She was holding an empty bottle, and it suddenly began to fill itself! It happened in front of the whole group, so there were a lot of witnesses to this miracle
5) The housing problem was solved.
In 2002, a long time trying to exchange a one-bedroom apartment for a two-bedroom. Saint helps with money. There were a lot of problems, because offered remote from the subway or expensive. One day my sister called me (she serves in the temple) and asked me how I was doing. I answered that nothing worked. Then she advised me to order the blessing of the water St. Spyridon Trimifuntsky, which I did. Just a week later we were offered a great option and reasonable money. The move was scheduled for December 25 – the day of the memory of the Saint.
The Pray to Spiridon Trimifuntsky. Saint helps with money
Troparion of St. Spyridon Trimifuntsky, the miracle worker
Sobora Pervago pokazalsya esí pobornik i chudotvorec,/ Bogonose Spiridone otche nash. /Témzhe mertvu ty vo grobe vozglasív/ i zmiyú v zlato pretvoril esí,/ i vnegdá peti tebé svyatyya molitvy,/ angely, sosluzhashchiya tebé, imel esí, svyashchennejshij./ Slava Davshemu tebé krepost’,/ slava Venchavshemu tya,// slava Dejstvuyushchemu toboyu vsem isceleniya.
Kontakion of St. Spyridon Trimifuntsky, the miracle worker
Lyuboviyu Hristovoyu uyazvivsya, svyashchennejshij,/ um vperiv zareyu Duha,/ detel’nym videniem tvoim deyanie obrel esí, Bogopriyatne./ zhertvennik Bozhestvennyj byv,// prosyá vsem Bozhestvennago siyaniya.